Looking back it’s almost humorous. All the times I get impatient, or I don’t understand why something is happening, when in reality I don’t need to. I know that God is in control, and I just trust in Him and His ultimate plan. I thought He taught me this lesson at the beginning of this year, but I think He likes to teach things again, just to drive the lesson home so to speak. Let’s just look back and laugh at all the times in 2014 I was frustrated, and God’s plan prevailed perfectly.
- Paul’s back issues brought him to the ER, and in the midst of my husband’s pain, God taught me to let go of my money issues… Doesn’t make sense? You can read about it here.
- Paul and I went back and forth about getting a new car. We finally decided it was in our best interest for his job since he was spending so much time on the road. Almost 2 months to the day, God laughed at us, and provided Paul with a new job that also came with a company car. We have since sold my car, and now I’m driving the car we thought we were buying for Paul. 1 Car = 1 car to insure.
- New job meant moving out of Tallahassee, and Paul and I couldn’t quite figure out where we wanted to be. We had decided on Palm Coast Beach, up until his boss told him Orlando was “strongly encouraged”. So to Orlando we came… not very enthusiastically. Aside from my parents and brother, we weren’t too excited to be in the crazy big city that engulfs central Florida. Why here? …. keep reading…
- New job for Paul in Orlando, meant new job for me. Except God dealt us another hand, and gave me the opportunity to keep working for a company I love, and to work from home. Could that prayer have been answered any more perfectly?
- Paul and I decided money and situations may never be perfect or ideal for bringing a new baby into the world, but if you let that stop you, you may never have the baby or family you’ve always dreamed of. Back in March we started trying for our little family regardless of how much money we made, and regardless of the fact that our house was not big enough. Month after month I would cry trying to figure out why getting pregnant was SO EASY for people (it seemed especially easy for people on my Facebook Newsfeed!). (*Disclaimer: Paul and I did not have issues getting pregnant, I was just impatient. I thank God every day that we were able to get pregnant, as I know many women struggle with infertility, and their dream is to be a mom) I knew God had a plan, and I kept reminding myself of that, but I still felt disappointment each month knowing that God decided that wasn’t quite the time for us to get pregnant. Why not ?? ….keep reading…
That brings us to today. Where God has answered each and every prayer, and provided for us beyond our wildest dreams. Paul got a new job with more security, and gave us even more financial stability. It brought us to Orlando… 5 minutes from my parents to be exact (perfect when you’re expecting your first baby). I now work from home. Last but not least, within 2 weeks of moving, we finally got that positive test we had been waiting for. We didn’t see God’s big picture from the beginning, we only saw His plan as it unfolded day by day, but in the end His plan is so incredibly perfect. God has never given me a reason to doubt His plan. I sometimes get frustrated and have to remind myself that He has a plan, but after all the ways God has provided for us…. don’t you think I would have this all figured out by now?
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” – Jeremiah 17:7-8