So last week, my meal planning was a complete success. Thanks Pinterest!! Here is a review of the meals we ate:
- Grilled Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers – I used a store bought marinade to make this easier, but they tasted great, and I assume it was much quicker than making the jerk sauce.
- Skillet Herbed Chicken and Tomato – I wasn’t crazy about this, but Paul loved it. I thought we would have leftovers, but he successfully finished it!
- Tortellini Spinach and Chicken Soup – Not a huge soup fan, but this was good! It was a rainy gloomy day when I made it so it definitely was a good day for it. It was filling, and tasty.
- Cajun Chicken Fettucini – I think this was the biggest hit of all. It is definitely NOT good for you, but it is definitely good to eat. I left out the goat cheese, because I’m not a huge fan, and I’m not supposed to eat it while pregnant. We had a lot of leftovers for this, but we didn’t mind. It lasted us a another dinner and some lunches. You could definitely cut this recipe down for 2 people.
On the menu this week we will be on the slightly healthier side (keyword slightly), and cutting out so many servings of pasta. Let’s face it, I’m pregnant and want pasta, but I (and my husband) can’t keep downing pasta or we’ll be massive by the end of this.
- Chicken Wings – The rub Paul uses for the wings is from a cookbook. I’ll have to share it eventually, but it’s great!
- Garlic Baked Shrimp
- Chicken & Vegetable Bake – that we never actually made it around to the last time we planned to.
- Shrimp, Tomato and Spinach Pasta with Garlic Butter Sauce
- Balsalmic Vinegar Chicken
Happy Cooking 🙂