So I haven’t posted our menu lately, not because I haven’t been meal planning, but Paul was traveling like crazy. Like I’ve said before, I just fend for myself and eat random food when it’s just me.
As always, first I’ll review the last meals I posted:
- Garlic Baked Shrimp – Neither one of us enjoyed this. I think it was more of a texture thing, but we wiped off all the bread crumbs to eat the shrimp.
- Chicken & Vegetable Bake – This was so incredibly easy to make, and so, so tasty! We used peas instead of green beans, but it was so good and we will definitely be eating it again.
- Shrimp, Tomato and Spinach Pasta with Garlic Butter Sauce – This was really good. I believe Paul said it was one of his favorite recipes I’ve made yet. A little bit of prep time, but nothing to crazy.
- Balsalmic Vinegar Chicken – This was just not what I was expecting. I don’t recommend it. We won’t be eating it again, I’ve deleted it off my Pinterest board.
- We also ended up making Chicken Enchiladas one night when my brother and his girlfriend came over for dinner. We all LOVED them! I made some refriend beans to go with, and I also added Rotel into the chicken mixture. I’m so glad we made these when Travis and Victoria came over, because otherwise we would have had leftovers for DAYS!
Now that my husband is going to be in state for longer than 3 days at a time, we have a menu!! After I gained 3 lbs in one week, I kind of got nervous and decided to clean up my diet. I was planning on it after Aubrey arrived, but lets be honest, it’s really important for me to be eating healthy right now while I’m making a person! The healthier I eat now, the easier it will be after she comes, and I feel less guilty when I crave those sweets! So Paul and I are going to be “clean eating”, but we have to find a balance that works for us so we don’t eat really well for 3 weeks, and then eat like crap for a month. So our plan is that breakfast, lunch and snacks will be clean. Dinners will vary. This way we get a balance in there, and don’t feel like we aren’t eating the foods we want.
- Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Chili in the Crockpot
- Steak with green beans and red potatoes
The only experiment this week is the taco lettuce wraps, mainly because who eats tacos without tortillas?! Apparently, I do. Happy eating 🙂