I recently talked about the struggles of being pregnant, but it’s time to add to the list. Pregnancy brain. This is a real thing, and the struggle is real. The worst part, is that I feel like it shows at work a lot, and then I just feel dumb. When it happens with Paul, we just laugh at them… and then he brings them up on a regular basis and laughs some more at my expense!
- Paul and I sat at the table to eat dinner, I picked up my knife and his knife, and got ready to cut my chicken. He just looked at me trying to figure out what I was doing, until I realized this wasn’t going to work. I put 1 knife down really confused, and grabbed a fork. Paul just died laughing at me.
- I was searching for an email in my deleted emails, when I got a phone call. This must have distracted me, so when I got off the phone, I saw I had an email with high importance in my email. I read it, and responded to the man in my office who sent it to me… and then I realized it was an old deleted email from 2013 that I had just replied to. So I then emailed him again apologizing, and he laughed at me. Then we laughed about it again during my in office visit.
- I had to import some information into one of our databases at work, and I could’t find the normal table to import it into. I had been having some computer issues, so I figured something was funny. I called a co-worker in, and she ended up importing the file for me on her computer. Later I went back, and realized I had the wrong database open. Which would explain the table was not there when I tried to import it… the table didn’t exist in that database.
These more recent ones though, they are Paul’s favorite…
- I spent the day doing a couple loads of laundry. When I was laying in bed that night, I asked Paul if he would get the clothes out of the dryer so I could fold them. He gets up, goes to grab the laundry, and I hear “Lauren are you serious?!” … What? “You’re running the dryer with nothing in it!” Apparently I had every intention of switching the clothes over, and even thought I did, but really I didn’t. Fail.
- We were having some issues with our tv and our guide stopped working for like a week, but neither of us felt like dealing with the cable company. Then while we were watching TV one night, the cable stopped working along with our internet and land lines (yes – we have land lines in 2015, but they are for work!}. So I tell Paul that I’ll call them. So while I’m on the phone, it keeps asking for the phone number on our account, and each time I put it in, it says it’s not correct. I start getting frustrated… at that point Paul hears some of the automated system (I had it on speakerphone), and says, “Lauren, you’re calling Comcast… we have Brighthouse!” Bigger fail.
So needless to say, pregnancy brain is a serious condition, and the struggle is so very real!